I PERMEATE NiX
[ submission guidelines ]
OUR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
GENERAL: [ all submitted work must comply ]
* Only previously unpublished material is accepted. Experimentia asks
for online one time electronic publication rights. After the issue in which your work appears
has been replaced by the next issue, your work WILL BE archived. We can remove
your work from our archives upon your request, though we would prefer to keep our
Send your submissions to:
* All work submitted must fit into a chosen Theme. Below are themes (in no particular order)
that will be used for upcoming Issues. You can select ANY of the themes below on which to base your
submission. You need to SPECIFY what Theme you are using as inspiration. Any
material received without a specified Theme will be deleted immediately.
THEMES: Splatter | Blue | Goosebumps | Balance
* Experimentia reserves the right to match up artwork and words submitted in ways we feel
will benefit the issue being put together. Be aware that your work may be paired with another
artist or author's submission, and that these decisions are wholly at the discretion of the
Experimentia Creative Team.
* We are not able to pay our authors and writers at this point, though we feel this project is
cutting edge and offers you the opportunity to create work that may otherwise never find a home.
* Poems are to be no more than 50 lines.
* Only five (5) poems can be submitted in any given month.
* Experimentia is working to push creative limits and offer readers something unique. This
DOES NOT MEAN shocking for the sake of it. We are looking for high quality poetry with a strong
voice that shows us something from a unique perspective. We have no censorship guidelines, we
are open to everything, but excessive violence, sex, or foul language will probably not be selected.
* Stories must be 1,500 words in length or less.
* No more than two (2) stories can be submitted in any given month.
* We will be accepting short fiction for publication, though we really want to see work that is
polished and engages the reader head on. To emphasize again, all stories submitted must fit into
one of the predetermined Themes listed above, or it will not be considered for publication.
Imaginative fiction that presents reality in new ways will be more likely to grab our interest, but
we are open. Surprise us.
* Pieces of art should be no more than 600 pixels in width and should be sent to us in .JPG format.
While these guidelines are important, exceptions will be made. If you are unfamiliar with computers
and have trouble sending your art in the specified format, there is still a chance your work
will be used.
* Visually, Experimentia will always strive to push creative boundaries. We want to mesh words with
imagery, and will work very hard to put the two mediums together wherever possible. When submitting
artwork, be aware that there is MORE than a good chance it will get featured alongside poetry, and
that the words your work appears with is decided on by the Experimentia Creative Team.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS:
* We do not accept snail mail submissions. All work is to be sent electronically to the email
address listed below.
We look forward to viewing/reading your work, and will do our best to respond to EVERY submission within
a three week time frame. Thanks for your interest in Experimentia.